Navigating Psychedelics: For Therapists and Clinicians - Course
Navigating Psychedelics: For Therapists and Clinicians
Psychedelics have been making headlines in mainstream media and more people are becoming interested in the potential therapeutic benefits of these substances. There is a good chance that your clients may be developing an interest in wanting to work or already have worked with these substances. How does one support or work with clients who are bringing their psychedelic experiences into the therapy room? What do you need to know about doing integration work with clients? These questions and more will be explored throughout the course!
This live online course will provide a transpersonal theoretical framework for understanding the psychedelic experience and also explore integration techniques and practices. There will be five (5) virtual classroom meetings where students will have an opportunity to connect with each other, ask questions, and engage with the course presenters. Students will also get full and lifetime access to our online course, Navigating Psychedelics: Lessons on Self-Care & Integration
The curriculum is subject to change depending on group interests.
Week 1: Thursday, May 16th – Introduction Week: Group introductions and intention setting for the course. We will explore each other’s interests.
Week 2: May 23rd- Preparation & Safety: Harm Reduction for clients
Week 3: May 30th – The Psychedelic Experience: Dr. Stanislav Grof’s theoretical framework
Week 4: June 6th– Psychedelic Integration with Clients – Case Reports and Challenges
Week 5: June 13th – Beyond Integration – Exploring what it means to go beyond Integration
*Online Virtual Meetings: May 16th, 23rd, 30th, and June 6th and 13th
By taking this class you will
- .Learn to plan for success with psychedelic substances
- Build a toolkit that will allow you to better handle difficult experiences for you and your clients
- Learn integration group best practices
- Gain tools that will allow you to improve safety
- understand the variety of drugs available and how to make informed decisions about them
- Acquire different approaches to psychedelic use including microdosing, recreational and ceremonial uses
- Explore a framework for understanding and working with psychedelic experiences
- Walk through personal integration experiences
- And more!
What’s included in the Tool Kit:
- Tips on how to facilitate/start your own support group
- Journaling exercises
- Guided meditation practices
- Breathwork & other somatic techniques
- Kyle and Joe’s personal integration stories
- A Spotify music playlist
- Physical and digital copies of the Navigating Psychedelics Today: Trip Journal and Integration Workbook
Dates and Time:
The class will meet 5 times. Meetings will be held on Thursday nights from 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Eastern Time / 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm PST
May 16, 23, 30, and June 6th and 13th